This may be better posted on a SQL board, but I know there are a lot of SQL
Server gurus out there and I need your help!

A client's web host just had to reinstall SQL Server 2000, and I am having a
hard time getting a former user name to work properly, or setup a new user
name.

If I setup a new user name, the datasource appears to work fine in CF 5
admin. Then when I try a page I get a message: "ODBC Error Code = S0002
(Base table not found) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL
Server]Invalid object name 'grpdes'."

When I log into RDS in CF Studio the old user name shows up in the
datasource; for example: "BandD.grpdes" ("BandD" is the old user name.)

I've tried to delete the user name, but  it will not remove itself from the
"Public" role. If I try and recreate the user name I get the message: "Error
15023: User or role 'BandD' already exists in the current database."

I've tried to detach the database, create the user (temporally attaching the
user name to another database), re-attach the database and assign the user
name to the database, but I get the "Error 15023 ..."

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Stan Winchester
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.aftershockweb.com/
Tel. 503-244-3440
Fax 503-244-3454

Host with the leader in ColdFusion hosting.
Voted #1 ColdFusion host by CF Developers.
Offering shared and dedicated hosting options.
www.cfxhosting.com/default.cfm?redirect=10481