Andre and Sean,

thanks for your prompt reply and help.  Both examples/pointers are very helpful!  I
tried both, however, it has not worked yet.

Andre,

I followed your code example,

In your JSP/Servlet
(Map) session.getAttribute("yourCFApplicationName").put("foo","bar");

And then you can access it in a .cfm like this:
#session.foo#

and, I would get an UndefinedElementException, when accessing the var foo
defined in the session.

and, I also tried accessing application variables,

application.setAttribute("yourCFApplicationName.foo","bar");

In you .cfm you access it like this:

#application.foo#

and, I would get the very same exception.  (I used my own variables but following the
exact syntax you outlined.)

just wondering, do you have the code working in CFMX and WebLogic7.0 environment?

I contacted Macromedia and they said that this is a bug specific to sharing session
between CFMX and WEbLogic7.0, and that I am the first one reporting this bug.
Somehow, I just find it amazing that I am the first person reporting this bug.  Has
anyone else seen this?

Sean,

The article on IBM's website is a very good one!  I further simplied IBM's example to
only 3 classes, which runs on CFMX and WEbSphere. However, the code would fail on CFMX
and WebLogic (obviously, for the same reason).
Be happy to provide stackTrace if you are interested.

Again, any comments/suggestions about sharing session between CFMX and WebLogic7.0
will be greatly appreciated!
thx,
Steven

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.