Oh yeah, I left out; a decent firewall, and a properly configered DMZ /
Zones / network and maybe IDS (www.Snort.org is cool) and decent
passwords.....

looking at CFMX server then alone (ie without your code...)

        Disable / remove RDS,
        Run it under a user account which only has the needed permissions.
        Apply all patches.

Also think of CFMX as a Java application, it is. I've been meaning to check
out
the J2ee/java version of "hacking exposed" anyone read it?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0072225653/ref=sr_aps_books_1_1/026
-9749361-5814842

Also cfmx contains versions of the following

AXIS
Verity
j-intragra
log4j
etc. etc.
and of course Jrun (or what ever java container) + a JDK issues

So any issues that apply to these may apply to CFMX

regards

WG