I have been doing this for a while.
It depends on what you need.
If you need a very robust solution that does things like sub reports, you
may need to choose a product like Actuate e.reports or something similar.
Most of the reports I do nowadays are just data sets that the users want to
see. most of the time they just want them dumped into excel.
I have developed a series of custom tags that we use at this company to
handle all of the reports. Without getting into too much detail we have all
of the report specifics stored in the db like:
1. Field names
2. Stored procedure name
Then you can call the proc dynamically and display it in a standardized way
(the custom tag) or dump it into excel.
Hope this helps.
-----Original Message-----
From: Roth, John [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 9:23 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CF web-based report writer
Ahoy, CF Talk!
I've been lurking for a few months now, and finally have a question
worthy of posting. My boss is looking for a web-based report writer that
uses Cold Fusion. does anyone know of anything out there like that? (I
might even get him to pay for it... ;-)
Yours Truly,
J.B. Roth
Web Developer
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?forumid=4
Subscription:
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?method=subscribe&forumid=4
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq
Get the mailserver that powers this list at
http://www.coolfusion.com
Unsubscribe:
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.4