Interesting article. Hadn't come across this flavor of firewall before. I'd
query the usefulness of the product though. IISFilt basically does this, as
do some apache modules. I suppose your could use this at an entry point to
minimise admin, but then you are adding a significant load to your load
balancer or whatever.

As for claims like this :

"Out of the box, AppShield will protect against form fields being added or
removed, hidden form fields having their values changed by the client or
client-side cookie modification."  are simply untrue IMHO, without enforce
conditions on the submit. For example, if the client doesn't supply a
http_referer the request will probably break. Many clients. proxies,
personal firewalls do this.

I may be wrong of course and I'd love to hear how it does this, unless you
supply the form to the firewall and say template xyz only has the following
form fields , a,b,c.

Things like this "cannot parse outgoing JavaScript code and so will flag the
URLs generated" will drive you nuts.

WG