I'd put forth that content management consists not only of those three 
elements as MS, but also the integration of a "pecking order" of people 
in control of publishing rights and strict rules enforcing what is and 
is not published based on the input of all necessary parties.

Other than that, as long as you take that function and wrap it in the 
definition of "Publishing" that MS attributes in their definition, it 
sounds about right.

- Jim

Chunshen (Don) Li wrote:

>I hope this is not OT.  I'd like to get a better understanding of the definition of 
>CMS.  According to Microsoft, it seems that the core functions of CMS should over 
>Content Creation, Publishing and Storage.  Is there a general agreement on this?  Or 
>am I missing something big here?
>Secondly, personally I think the publishing part is a very tough task considering the 
>fact that most design seem to change a lot over some time span for Intranet, Extranet 
>or Internet, so, the integration of publishing and (future) design would be a huge 
>challenge.
>
>Li, Chunshen (Don)
>http://68.32.61.40/datadata/dataman.cfm
>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?forumid=4
Subscription: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/index.cfm?method=subscribe&forumid=4
FAQ: http://www.thenetprofits.co.uk/coldfusion/faq

Get the mailserver that powers this list at 
http://www.coolfusion.com

                                Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.4
                                

Reply via email to