There was a thread on this list recently about Search Engine Optimization
for CF sites. Just so happens SEO has become an issue for me on a freelance
project, and I want to start a list of best practices I can work into my
development processes. Thus far, I have three items:

1) Configure the server to run other file extensions through the CF parser
(i.e. HTM, HTML) in order to avoid being ignored
2) Use meta description and meta keyword tags to indicate content on the
site
3) Use search engine safe links instead of passing CGI parameters

Obviously, this is just a start and there are non-technical issues as well
(for instance, making sure there are plenty of incoming links to the site).
Does anyone have any more tips, or else pointers to resources, that might be
helpful here?

http://www.coolfusion.com