From: Michael T. Tangorre [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 09 July 2003 14:48
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Creating a list with infinite groupings and indents

First off... the way you have it setup now will only allow for two levels..
level 1 and level 2. To get the ability you are after (tree type strucutre),
you need to get into nested sets. Joe Celko has done some awesome work in
this area and the links below may help you out. It is a bit tricky at first,
but once you get it, it is very powerful. The sql statements for
adding/removing/updating "children" or "parents" is already written in the
links below and
you can adjust them slightly to work for your situation. I would definitely
start there.

http://www.dbmsmag.com/9603d06.html
http://www.mvps.org/access/queries/qry0023.htm

HTH,