Here is something I wrote, that changed

xxx.cfm?id=$id$

in to

xxx.cfm?id=123 if <cfset id = 123 />

You chould adapt it to change

"My age is #id#" to "My age is 123"

<cffunction name="EvaluateTokens">

        <cfargument name="URL" type="String" required="yes">

        <cfset var newQstring   =       "" />

        <cfset urlString        =       ListFirst(URL,"?")>
        <cfset qString          =       ListLast(URL,"?")>

        <cfloop list="#qstring#" index="i" delimiters="&">
                <!----- building the URL machinary ---->
                <cfif (newQstring IS NOT "")>
                        <cfset newQstring = newQstring & "&" />
                </cfif>
                <!--- get the name and variable values --->
                <cfset qStringVarname = listFirst(i,"=") />
                <cfset qStringValue =   listlast(i,"=") />

                <!---- if the qStringValue is like $something$--->

                <cfif (Right(qStringValue, 1) IS "$" AND Left(qStringValue, 1) IS "$")>
                        <!--- remove the "$"s  --->

                        <cfset varname = Replace(qStringValue,"$","","all") />
                        <!--- if the var exists, evaluate it and use that value--->
                        <cfif isdefined(varname)>
                                <cfset newQstring = newQstring & qStringVarname & "=" &
URLEncodedFormat(Evaluate(varname))/>
                        <cfelse>
                                <cfset newQstring = newQstring & qStringVarname & "="
&  qStringValue/>
                        </cfif>
                <!---- if the qStringValue is not like $something$      --->
                <!---- just add the values without any change           --->
                <cfelse>
                        <cfset newQstring = newQstring & qStringVarname & "=" &
qStringValue/>
                </cfif>
        </cfloop>
        <cfreturn "#urlString#?#newQstring#" />