Joshua, I bump into this all the time.  You said it is a numeric field but what is the
definition of your numeric field.  If it is something like numeric(5,0) then there are
no decimal places for it to work with.

Like Mark said, to get the fraction part just do it as 2.0 and T-SQL will to an
implicit type conversion of all the numbers and return the fraction part.

Bill Grover
Supervisor MIS                  Phone:  301.424.3300 x3324
EU Services, Inc.               FAX:    301.424.3696
649 North Horners Lane          E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Rockville, MD 20850-1299        WWW:    http://www.euservices.com

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com