Thanks for the heads up!

Stace

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Erat [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 8:44 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Changing default cfmx server in Jrun

I just did this today while setting up a few servers, and I was getting
impatient after a while. On one server I created a new JRun instance
called cfusion, and that was created to already contain a
default-ear/default-war.  I copied the contents of the cfusion.war file
into default-war and started it up.  That worked right away and I got
into the CFAdmin, etc..., but because others would use this machine I
decided to rename the ear/war directories to cfusion-ear/cfusion-war
(after stopping that server instance).  To adjust for the directory name
change, I edited cfusion-ear/META-INF/application.xml to change all the
default-ear and default-war xmltext to cfusion-ear and cfusion-war.
Then I started up the JRun server and voila, there's the CFAdmin again
on port 8300.  In the JMC, all the cfusion server settings reflected the
changes I just made, so I was all set.  This server was using the /
context root, so I didn't have to modify that in any way.

If you want to create other servers running on the same port to reflect
the name of the (cf) application running on it then you could configure
them to have meaningful context root, such as /hr or /marketing,
assuming there is an app just for HR and another one just for Marketing.
Then deploy the ColdFusion (ear/war your preference) to each.

HTH,
Steven Erat