Thanks dave,
i ended up just reinstalling cf and it worked for some reason this time.

as far as the virus and using a firewall, I did!
I have sygate pro and it still got through & norton didnt pick it up either as it was 
sunday when i first got it. Sygate seems to block it now, I dont know why it didnt 
then.







>> after battling this dam virus and reinstalling everything i 
>> have a quick ?
>
>Before answering, I have a quick comment. Why not use a firewall, or an IP
>security policy, to block "bad" inbound traffic? Spend half an hour learning
>how to use a personal firewall or how to build a security policy, and save
>several hours the next time something like this happens.
>
>> i didnt install IIS this time and installed cfmx 6.1 as a 
>> stand alone server. My question is what do i need to do to 
>> view these pages locally (xp pro & dwmx). What i mean is 
>> that i can view them if i manually change the address in
>> the window by adding :8500 to localhost but i'd rather not 
>> do that everythime. Is there something i can change so I 
>> dont have to do that?
>
>Yes, you can edit the configuration file. Everything you need to know is
>here:
>
>http://www.macromedia.com/support/coldfusion/adv_development/config_builtin_
>webserver/
>
>Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
>http://www.figleaf.com/
>voice: (202) 797-5496
>fax: (202) 797-5444
>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm?link=t:4
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm?link=s:4
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.4

Your ad could be here. Monies from ads go to support these lists and provide more 
resources for the community. 
http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm

Reply via email to