There are two ways you can do this.

There is a function names ValueList() I am not sure what the syntax is. Or
you can do what I do and just access the query as an array.  You do not need
to set and array bwecause the query already acts as one.

Ex.
Your query is named MyQuery and you want to show all of the MyColumn in each
row seperated by columns.

#ArrayToList(MyQuery["MyColumn"], ", ")#

Simple as that, as far as I know the ValueList function is a shortcut for
that but I don't think it allows you to specify the delimeter and I like
that sort of control.

Tyler Clendenin
GSL Solutions

-----Original Message-----
From: G-matcomkc [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 10:41 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Query to List

In the CF docs, I saw some code that converted a query result into a list.
They did it by looping over the query, appending the values to an array, and
then applying the "ArrayToList" function to the resulting array.

Is this the accepted, most efficient process for doing this type of
conversion? Or am I missing an obvious short cut?

TIA,

Brian



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm?link=t:4
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm?link=s:4
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.4

Signup for the Fusion Authority news alert and keep up with the latest news in 
ColdFusion and related topics. 
http://www.fusionauthority.com/signup.cfm

Reply via email to