Okay, I know I know, this is off topic, but I've been banging my head about this one, and I'm SURE it's probably stupid simple, but I'm just not good with dates (insert nerd joke here).
Here's a simple form. Three select dropdowns. There's other validation going on, and other stuff happening, but I just snipped it all and kept the relevant portion to focus on. Now, here's what I need it to do. When a user selects a date, I just need to check (onChange, for each select) to make sure that the date they selected is AT LEAST 7 days in advance. So let's say I choose tomorrow and submit...I want an alert that says, "you need to choose a date that's at least 7 days in advance". I think the problem I'm running into is somehow how to concatenate the three date selects into a "date" object, then compare it to "now", but for some reason I'm just totally brain farting how to accomplish this. Once again, I'm sorry for the off-topic-ness of this post, but I don't really have any good javascript recources that have as good a feedback as this one... Here's the snippet of form: <FORM ACTION="action.cfm" METHOD="POST" name="Step1"> <SELECT name="FirstSelectMonth"> <OPTION value="01">Jan <OPTION value="02">Feb <OPTION value="03">Mar <OPTION value="04">Apr <OPTION value="05">May <OPTION value="06">Jun <OPTION value="07">Jul <OPTION value="08">Aug <OPTION value="09">Sep <OPTION value="10">Oct <OPTION value="11">Nov <OPTION value="12">Dec </SELECT> <SELECT name="FirstSelectDay"> <OPTION value="1">1 <OPTION value="2">2 <OPTION value="3">3 <OPTION value="4">4 <OPTION value="5">5 <OPTION value="6">6 <OPTION value="7">7 <OPTION value="8">8 <OPTION value="9">9 <OPTION value="10">10 <OPTION value="11">11 <OPTION value="12">12 <OPTION value="13">13 <OPTION value="14">14 <OPTION value="15">15 <OPTION value="16">16 <OPTION value="17">17 <OPTION value="18">18 <OPTION value="19">19 <OPTION value="20">20 <OPTION value="21">21 <OPTION value="22">22 <OPTION value="23">23 <OPTION value="24">24 <OPTION value="25">25 <OPTION value="26">26 <OPTION value="27">27 <OPTION value="28">28 <OPTION value="29">29 <OPTION value="30">30 <OPTION value="31">31 </SELECT> <SELECT name="FirstSelectYear"> <OPTION value="2003">2003 <OPTION value="2004">2004 <OPTION value="2005">2005 <OPTION value="2006">2006 </SELECT> <INPUT type="submit" value="Submit"> </FORM> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm?link=t:4 Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm?link=s:4 Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.4 Your ad could be here. Monies from ads go to support these lists and provide more resources for the community. http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm

