If there is only one site on the server you could implement some code into
the global missing template which redirects?

HTH

-----Original Message-----
From: Bailey, Neal [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 18:31
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Stripping the URL...

Hey guys, I have another one for ya...

I am try to capture part of a url string and then take that of which I
captured and turn it into a variable so that I can compare in our db and
pass to another page. Not sure if this makes sense so I will give an
example.

If some one types in their browser:

http://www.mywebsite.com/johnspage <http://www.mywebsite.com/johnspage>

There are no pages called "johnspage" so I would like to strip the name
"johnspage" from the url and compare it to our database for ""johnspage""
and then return him to his actual page which looks like this:

http://www.mywebsite.com/index.cfm?page=johnspage
<http://www.mywebsite.com/index?page=johnspage>

We currently have something like this working but in asp using the IIS 404
redirect and I am trying to figure out a way to do it in CF.

Does anyone have any ideas or better ways of doing this?

Thanks, stripping
- Neal