I get an out of memory error but I'm not really sure what's going on with that one.  If I call a page that does not initialize an application.cfm file and does absolutely nothing, I still get the out of memory error in the JRUN logs.  This is just a development server so I've been able to watch memory usage in taskman on every page access.  Here is the weird thing, when the forward() executes, memory goes from 190MB to 250MB for the JRUN process.  We get the error, and then the memory goes back to 190MB.  If I refresh the page, everything comes back correctly and there is no increase in memory.

I've tried making all the memory adjustments with the JVM that I could think of but still same error.

Why would memory go up like that?  What could possibly get duplicated in memory on this one call.  I thought that the request object just gets passed back and there is no way one request object would take up 60MB.  If one request object ever got to be 60MBs, then we'd see that memory increase on every page access and we see nothing of the sort.  We do have an application object structure that probably takes up about 20MBs of RAM (contains a huge structure that caches the screen objects - we dynamically generate every field, screen object, etc.and instead of making calls to the db, we decided to load things into this structure) but this is in the application scope.  

Alex
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Knight, Matt
  To: CF-Talk
  Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 3:38 PM
  Subject: RE: Problem with getPageContext().forward()


  The JRun closed connection is a common error in my experience. They can be
  generated by any number of issues.  Have you looked at the JRun log
  ({jrun.home}/logs) to see the output from the request?  That should help you
  narrow down what the root cause of the error is.

  Matt Knight â-� w: 972 361 9943 â-� m: 214 213 4016



    _____  

  From: Alex Gadea [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 12:55 PM
  To: CF-Talk


  I am experiencing a strange problem when using getPageContext().forward(). I
  have a page that posts to a page called handler.cfm. In handler.cfm, I do
  error checking and if errors exist, I setup a structure that contains the
  error messages and the name of the field(s) in error. I also place all the
  form variables into the request scope and then call
  getPageContext().forward(). The call then displays the form again.
  Everything works correctly up to this point. HOWEVER, if I then attempt to
  go to any other page from this page (submit the form again or simply click
  on a link that specifies a simple cf page with no code on it), I receive:

  Server Error
  The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your
  request.
  JRun closed connection.


  I am using CFMX 6.1. I thought this might have something to do with the form
  bug that existed in earlier versions so I set form=structNew() to clear it
  out. Same problem.

  Finnally, if I simply do a refresh on the page with the error, the problem
  goes away and the page that was supposed to be called finally gets displayed
  correctly.

  Anyone have any ideas?

  Thanks,

  Alex Gadea
  Apptik Inc.

  This is the code I use to setup the server side forward:

  <CFIF formObj.formIsInError>

       <cfscript>
            // need to get the form variables and the error structure into the
  request scope prior to forwarding
            request.form = form;
            form = structNew();
            request.generatedErrors = formObj.generatedErrors;
            getPageContext().forward(form.returnURL);
       </cfscript>

  </CFIF>
    _____  



[Todays Threads] [This Message] [Subscription] [Fast Unsubscribe] [User Settings]

Reply via email to