your looking for whats called a "Bread Crumb Trail" of links, and there are
many ways to do it...some do it by next id in succession from query results.
some do it based on values in the url string, some do it based on a parentID
in a database so if you know the id of the product you are showing on a
page, you can make a db call to get the parent categoryId and make it work
that way.

there are options :)

...tony

tony weeg
senior web applications architect
navtrak, inc.
www.navtrak.net
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
410.548.2337

-----Original Message-----
From: Deetra Whatley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 11:13 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Displaying links on a page

Good Day,

How do I create horizontal Links in ColdFusion?

I would like to display links like this:
Links First > Second > Third > Fourth.

Is there a way that ColdFusion know what page I am on and can display the
text for the the active link - the last link.  Am I supposed to use the url
variable.   

What am I doing wrong?  Can someone help me please use CF to display the
horizontal links bar so that I do not have to type (copy) the links on every
page.

Thank you so very much.   

Deetra Whatley
________________________________


[Todays Threads] [This Message] [Subscription] [Fast Unsubscribe] [User Settings]

Reply via email to