where are you storing Client vars?  If it's cookie, the
getPageContext().forward() does not return a meta redirect to the client
browser, it just passes processing off to the fwd'd template.

try using session scope - then test with that.

Matt Knight � w: 972 361 9943 � m: 214 213 4016



  _____  

From: Dave Carabetta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 10:07 AM
To: CF-Talk


I'm using Client variables with getPageContext().forward() and I'm running
into a problem where Client variables I set on the first page do not exist
on the page that I forward to. I'm wondering whether or not this is expected

behavior. Here's a small test snippet to reproduce:

test1.cfm
-------------------------
<cfset Client.test1 = "Pre-Forward">

<cfscript>
  getPageContext().forward("test2.cfm");
</cfscript>

test2.cfm
-------------------------
<cfdump var="#Client#">

As you can (hopefully) see by the results, test1 is not present in the
Client scope when I forward(). However, it does exist if I am using
cflocation to pass from one template to the next. Since these are two
back-end templates, I was hoping to use the server-side forward() instead of

the client-side cflocation.

I'm using MX 6.1 on Solaris using the internal JWS.

Any confirmation of this behaviour, expected or otherwise, is appreciated.

Regards,
Dave.


  _____  


[Todays Threads] [This Message] [Subscription] [Fast Unsubscribe] [User Settings]

Reply via email to