or use 1 to connect with the IP and the other to connect with the server name

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 10/20/03 03:07PM >>>
Use the Client Network Utility to create aliases for each connection.

HTH,

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Beer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 3:06 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: OT: SQL Enterprise Manager

Sorry for the OT post - I'm stumped.

Using Enterprise Manager for MS SQL Server 2k, how can I register a
server twice so I can use different DBs with different login
credentials?  It's a major pain having to disconnect and reconnect,
using different credentials, over and over and over throughout the day.

I have logins to the individual databases - no blanket access to the
machine.

TIA,

Jeff

  _____