In my reading the of the WSDL 1.1 spec, it appears that it *should* assign this name, but this is the first complaint I have see about this issue (in almost 2 years!).
I would claim that the proxy generator on the other side is being a bit picky about this, but is probably in the right in this case.
--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development
-----Original Message-----
From: Brook Davies [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 4:03 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CFMX WebService w/ Multirefs - STILL SHOWS MULTIREFS?
Okay, I will look at disabling the multi-refs thanks for the tip. After I
defined a custom data type using <cfproperty> my C++ developer said this
about accessing��the service:
"With this service everything was much better. I could successfully
generate proxy class for your wsdl ( There was only 1 issue:
in:
<wsdl:binding��element there is subelement
<wsdl:fault name="CFCInvocationException">
�����<wsdlsoap:fault��use="encoded"
encodingStyle="<http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
namespace="<file://'http://lfbridge.lfcomponents"/'>http://lfbridge.lfcomponents"/>
��</wsdl:fault>
<wsdlsoap:fault> element required "name" attribute. Without it wsdl didn't
pass validation. when I changed it to following:
<wsdl:fault name="CFCInvocationException">
�����<wsdlsoap:fault name="a" use="encoded"
encodingStyle="<http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
namespace="<file://'http://lfbridge.lfcomponents"/'>http://lfbridge.lfcomponents"/>
</wsdl:fault>
everything worked ok and I successfully generated proxy class.
And then I could successfully call method ReturnStruct and parse returned
struct "address". "
So it sounds like it is working okay for him now, although he had to change
the WSDL file. Why would that be?
Brook
At 12:35 PM 10/23/2003, you wrote:
>Sam is correct.��Axis is sending the data using multrefs because it is
>using SOAP encoding for the data.
>
>You can turn off multirefs in Axis by editing the server-config.wsdd file
>found in C:\CFusionMX\wwwroot\WEB-INF.
>
>Add the following line under the <globalConfiguration> element:
>
>global_configuration��<parameter name="sendMultiRefs" value="false"/>
>
>You can find more information about the Axis server configuration in the
>reference guide:
>
>
><http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/reference.html>http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/reference.html
><http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/reference.html>
>
>If your C++ developer doesn't support rpc/encoded web services, then you
>are probably going to have more trouble down the line, as this is the
>default for ColdFusion CFC Web Services.
>
>--
>Tom Jordahl
>Macromedia Server Development
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Samuel Neff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 12:08 PM
>To: CF-Talk
>Subject: RE: CFMX WebService w/ Multirefs - STILL SHOWS MULTIREFS?
>
>I don't think the WSDL is an issue now, it's the actual SOAP response since
>it doesn't actually embed the response within the response element but
>instead puts it somewhere else with a reference to it.
>
>Is the C++ developer using some standard SOAP client toolkit or rolling his
>own?��Does it/he support RPC style encodings?
>
>Here's what the Axis docs say about multi-ref:
>
>"Since RPC services default to the soap section 5 encoding rules, objects
>will be encoded via "multi-ref" serialization, which allows object graphs to
>be encoded. (See the SOAP spec for more on multi-ref serialization.)"
>
>Thanks,
>
>Sam
>
>----------------------------------------------
>Blog:��<http://www.rewindlife.com>http://www.rewindlife.com
><http://www.rewindlife.com>
>Chart:
><http://www.blinex.com/products/charting>http://www.blinex.com/products/charting
><http://www.blinex.com/products/charting>
>----------------------------------------------
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Matt Liotta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 11:29 AM
>To: CF-Talk
>Subject: Re: CFMX WebService w/ Multirefs - STILL SHOWS MULTIREFS?
>
>The struct return you were using before is handled in an Axis specific
>way, but your current WSDL seems to be standard, so I would suggest you
>provide it to your C++ developer and see what he thinks.
>
>Matt Liotta
>
>���_____
>
>
>----------
>[
[Todays Threads] [This Message] [Subscription] [Fast Unsubscribe] [User Settings]

