From: Tim Laureska [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 16:19
To: CF-Talk
Subject: PW field decryption problem

Hello All...I had this working but now...

I encrypt a password that's inserted into an access database field upon
registration. The encryption processes fine... you can see it in the DB

However, when I go to login using the plain text PW, I get failed login
... I guess its got to be something in the decryption code or
application.cfm file, which is as follows

Anyone had problems/experience with this ... any help would be
appreciated... head hurts now

DECRYPTION CODE:
<cfset Encrypted = encrypt(password, Request.PasswordKey)>

<cfparam name="form.email" default="">
<cfparam name="form.password" default="">

<!--- QUERY THE DATABASE FOR MATCH --->

<cfquery name="getUser" datasource="#request.datasource#">
    SELECT  email, password
    FROM  table
WHERE   email = <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar"
value="#Form.email#">
      AND password = <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar"
value="#Encrypted#">
</cfquery>

application.cfm stuff:

<cfif not isdefined("Request.PasswordKey")>
     <cfparam name="Request.PasswordKey"
default="5555hhhh777788885555hhhh77778888">
<cfparam name="Request.datasource" default="databasename">
</cfif>

Tim Laureska

  _____