> The problem with this answer is that you're referencing memory variables
in
> your NAMEs without locking those references!

Yes, I know.  Unfortunately, I still use CF 4.01 and have gotten used to
this approach.   I wasn't sure which version the poster was using, so I
included the comment about the SCOPE attribute if using 4.5.

> Also, in the second lock, you'd want a TYPE="EXCLUSIVE" lock; whenever
> you're writing to memory variables, you want an exclusive lock.

Yes... a typo.  I *meant* to type exclusive (I can hear everyone thinking
"SURE you did..."). I guess this is what I get for trying to help people...
probably just confused the guy even more <g>.

Thanks for catching the errors.

Seth