> I have a numeric datatype Called Account_ID
> I need to get all the accounts starting begins with
> Account_ID 9 or 6 or any numeric value. I tried Like %
> but doesnot work any idea how can get the results.

Well, first, if you're going to treat it as a string, it should probably be
stored as a string.

That said, if you want to treat a number as a string, you'll have to convert
it. For example, in SQL Server, you can use CONVERT:

SELECT ...
FROM ...
WHERE CONVERT(char(6), Account_ID) LIKE '9%'

The above example assumes that Account_ID is a six-digit number; you may
have to adjust your code accordingly.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496