I have a tag which is going to call itself many times over.

I want to be able to create a structure, call the custom tag and be left
with a modified structure at the end of it.

<cfset myStructure = StructNew()>
<cfmodule template="acustomtag.cfm" AttributeCollection="#menuStructure#">

In the module "acustomtag.cfm":
    Update the stucture with new values and under certain conditions:
    <cfmodule template="acustomtag.cfm"
AttributeCollection="#menuStructure#">

    This will creat a many-tiered hierachy of nests of the same tag.

Upon return to the calling script I should have the modified structure
"myStructure".

I have read the manual and it left my brain tangled.  Can somebody please
clarify the syntax and usage of "AttributeCollection" and "CFAssociate" in
order to get this monster working...

cheers in advance

Chris