As far as I know CFHTTP will wait for the remote page to finish, unless you
specify TIMEOUT.

Tell me, is this Perl page on the same server? If so, you could simply use
CFEXECUTE and call the Perl script directly. That is if your using CF 4.5.

Raymond Camden, Cold Fusion Jedi Master for Syntegra (www.syntegra.com)
Allaire Certified Instructor and Member of Team Allaire

Email   : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ UIN : 3679482