I had thought of that, but my server currently has multiple WINWORD.EXE's
running, so will not process my (revised) page to execute the oWord.quit()
command.

I have been doing some research and discovered that MS doesn't recommend
using the Word.Application object (for Word 2000) on the server side, due to
some known problems.  They are recommending using the OfficeXP web
components instead.  Here's where I found that info:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:
80/support/kb/articles/Q257/7/57.asp
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com
:80/support/kb/articles/Q257/7/57.asp&NoWebContent=1> &NoWebContent=1
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;317316
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;317316>

I'm currently waiting for our sys admin to finish installing the latest
service packs for Office 2000 on the server, and then reboot it.  I'll try
out my code again at that time, with the Quit command.

Thanks for the response.  Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Shawn