From: Thane Sherrington [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 2:02 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: P3P ready cookies

At 01:08 PM 1/13/04 -0500, Gaulin, Mark wrote:
>Ok, so your page is from a "third party" because the host or domain (I
>forget which) in the url that the user sees in his Location bar doesn't
>match the host in the request to your page.  You may find that you cannot
>get a non-session cookie to stick in that case since, as a third party, you
>are treated like a banner ad aggregator (for example), and no one wants
>those guys to be able to track them.

That was the case originally, but then I moved the pages in the frame to
the same site, and the problem still occurs.  (The frame files are in a
different folder, but surely that's not an issue.)  But if I do want to
call files from another site, couldn't I set up a compact privacy policy
for the other site that would cover cookies set from that site?

I'm all for privacy, but this is insane.

Tired of your bookmarks/favourites being limited to one computer?  Move
them to the Net!
www.stuffbythane.com/webfavourites makes it easy to keep all your
favourites in one place and
access them from any computer that's attached to the Internet.
  _____