From: Haggerty, Mike [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 2:03 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RDS Hanging on Linux

For whatever reason, RDS decided to stop working this morning on one of
my CF5 servers. It's a Red Hat 7 box with ColdFusion 5, and I am unable
to restore service despite my best efforts.

Every time I try to run ./cfrdsservice, nothing happens the service just
hangs. The RDS log itself is completely empty, and I am really at a loss
for what could be causing the problem. The server has run without a
problem for the last 6 months.

Anyways, I tried restarting the server, starting the service from the
command like, looking for it as a running process, but nothing is
working. Somebody please tell me what could cause such a problem and how
I could go about troubleshooting it.

Thanks,
  _____