I am running into memo field issues when upsizing to SQL server 7.0?  I
have been trying to upsize an access2000 db to SQL server by using both the
wizard interface and "import data", but keep getting the error:

"error at destination for row #1, errors encountered so far in this task:1.
Query based insertion or updating of blob values can not be supported."

        I searched the cf-talk archive web site for this error and found a couple
of entries but the fixes prescribed, such as using "import data" rather than
the upsize wizard, (which seem to be the same wizard), did not work for me.

        I am selecting Microsoft Access as the source and Microsoft ODBC driver for
MS SQL server as the destination.  The default settings are using the ntext
data type by default for my Access memo fields.  If I continue I get the
above error for every table that has data in a memo field in my access db.
If I change the data type to varchar or nvarchar it works, then I can change
the datatypes back to ntext with no problems.

        I have two problems with this work around.

1.  I have quite a few very large access databases that would require large
amounts of time to manually make these changes.

2.  Data loss could occur due to limits of varchar and nvarchar data types.

If anybody has experienced this, I would appreciate some input.

Thank you