There are functions for this at www.cflib.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Bailey, Neal [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 10:40 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Strip HTML from String

Hello everyone...

I saw a while back that someone either posted a snippet or a link to a tag
somewhere that would strip out HTML tags from a string. I tried looking
though my e-mail but cant seem to find it, also tried looking on a few
exchanges but they did not do what I needed.

Basically if I have a string that looks like this:

....code to strip....
Here is some <font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">sample</font> test
with a <a href=""> </body>

....output of striped code....
Here is some sample test with a link.

Thanks for any help...

Neal Bailey
Internet Marketing Manager
E-mail:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  _____