bret wrote:

> Me again-
>
> The org I work for is currently running Oracle 8.1.7 and is looking to
> upgrade. The question now is how does the new 10G Oracle version run
> with CFMX, and does it require custom JDBC drivers. Anyone have
> experience with this?
>
> I'm assuming Oracle 9 runs jim dandy on CFMX. So given the choice, what
> would y'all recommend?
>
> Obviously, I am not a DBA and have a relatively small amount of
> experience with Oracle, so any advice would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

Having very little experience myself, I can only say that most of the
major sites at UC Davis are run with Cold Fusion MX against Oracle
databases.  I'm currently in the process of migrating our database from
SQL-Server 7 to Oracle 9i, and aside from a few id10t errors, it seems
to be working pretty well.

--
Richard S. Crawford
Programmer III,