From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 10:17 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: IIS virtual directory creation

> Is there a way to make a virtual directory that will exist
> for all domains (existing ones and ones that will be created
> in the future). For instance a /admin virtual directory that
> takes users to a global management system? I guess more than
> a virtual directory it would be a redirect. Thanks!

Yes, this is possible. It wouldn't necessarily be a redirect, unless you
want it to be. I've written scripts to create a virtual directory for all
existing IIS virtual servers. I'm not sure how to create a virtual directory
that will be added to servers that haven't been defined, but I know it can
be done - there's some sort of "template" in the IIS metabase for this.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496
fax: 202-797-5444