Nick de Voil wrote:
>> You should use numeric or decimal. Both are exact numeric types
>> which allows you to specify the precision. The main reason not to
>> use money is that it is not completely standardized, i.e. there
>> is no money type in the JDBC spec. Also, depending on your
>> requirements, using numeric and a separate column to store the
>> currency is more flexible when working with multiple currencies.
>
> Dan didn't say it was an issue for him, but it may also be worth pointing
> out that not all currencies have two decimal places. In one multicurrency
> (banking) system in the past I stored all money amounts as integers (number
> of "pennies") and scaled as appropriate. Painful though.

To be able to express the US deficit in Indonesian currency, and
the value of an Indonesian rupiah in dollars, you will end up
with something like NUMERIC(24,6). But then you can be reasonable
certain that it will store everything you will ever need, and
start worrying about the right places to round during
calculations (which by itself was a 5 page document during the
euro conversion).

Jochem

--
I don't get it