Yes, Andre -- and thanks to your prior response to this thread for
suggesting XUL

  On Apr 5, 2004, at 10:07 AM, Andre Turrettini wrote:

  > Check out xul.  You can write an application in and write a delimited
  > file
  >  to the harddrive each time someone enters their email.  Its kind fo
  > an xml
  >  _javascript_ approach to writing web apps.  Similar to the approach
  > used by
  >  longhorn and breeze.  Its got a pretty sick grid bult in.  I dont
  > think its
  >  much harder than using the hta and fso in ie and when the computer
is
  >  eventually connected, just upload it to your cf or php
  > server.  requires
  >  mozilla but that should be ok on a mac.

I don't yet understand all I know about it, but I like what I see.

It gives you much more control of the DOM than DHMTL ever did, and it
works predictably.  Coding XUL is different, but not much more
difficult than HTML --- though a better tutorial would help.

Tags are XML so they are more verbose than HTML, but that should be
offset by fewer, more powerful tags.

One thing I really like is that the developer has complete control of
the entire page real estate.  We are not limited to a fixed portion of
the page for a Java Applet or Flash Movie (Though we can contain these
and html too, if desired).

I guess that we as developers have another option for developing
platform-independent RIAs and RIDs (Rich Interface Desktop
Applications)

Dick