Ray Champagne said:
>
> First off, I am trying to get a fairly reliable DSL speed number for
> different parts of the day.

But for which function? To browse the internet or to reach a specific
server? If for instance you have a b2b site online at a colo and
everybody is logged in on that site all the time, the bandwidth to
that server is by far the most important part.

> I want to have a aggregate list of
> speeds that  I can then give to my boss.  I also don't want to have
> to do this by hand,  going to a bandwidth meter site every 15
> minutes.  I have tried to cfhttp  these various sites, but there is
> a redirect in the page usually, so that  is obviously not going to
> work.

Sounds like you should try iPerf.

> I am interested in the second long paragraph below.  CLI?  What is
> that?  I  am not a Network guy, so I apologize if this is common
> knowledge...

Command Line Interface. Usually DSL modems/routers have a webinterface
for showing the general settings, but if you telnet to them you can
see more options and get to the nitty-gritty details. Especially if
you are under the impression you never reach the speed that the DSL
connection is being sold at having a look at the parameters at the ATM
level can show you a lot.

Jochem
[Todays Threads] [This Message] [Subscription] [Fast Unsubscribe] [User Settings]

Reply via email to