The first run requires compilation which is very slow.  A client is never
meant to see compilation (although I don't think it includes any pre-built
pre-compiler other than the off-line MXMLC).

The second run should be significantly faster, but still a lot slower than a
Flash "Hello World" app since every app will have the 130kb of Flex base
classes.

Sam

Blog http://www.rewindlife.com
TeamMM http://www.macromedia.com/go/team