Open up C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\LOG\ERRORLOG

2004-04-16 10:13:45.32 server    SQL server listening on TCP, Shared
Memory, Named Pipes.
2004-04-16 10:13:45.32 server    SQL server listening on
192.168.1.159:1433, 127.0.0.1:1433.
2004-04-16 10:13:45.32 server    SQL Server is ready for client connections

It should have something like that.  1433 is the default port that SQL
server will listen on.  The key thing to look for is the TCP and get the
IPs back.

1) If you don't have it listening check to make sure the ports are open.
2) Also make sure the SQL server is patched.  An unpatched SQL server on a
Win2K3 box will not allow SQL server to listen in on TCP ports but will
allow shared Memory and Named Pipes - which means you can't create a JDBC
or ODBC connection but could connect via Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer.

Won