All mappings do is create an alias for a phsyical directory...

like say if you wanted an absolute reference for CFINCLUDE

you could make a mapping named Foo which points to /usr/home/cftagman/cftags

And say you had a lot of templates in /usr/home/cftagman/cftags then you
could use

<CFINCLUDE Template="#foo#/SomeTemplate.cfm"> and Sometemplate.cfm
would of course be in the D:\CFStuff directory.

Thats all :)

Its purely CF driven and referenced with CF basically its a nice
way to map out the absolute location for something.  of course
NT machines start with drive letters ;) So I would say that a
that the Apache alias takes higher precedence than the CF
Mapping.

Jeremy Allen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[Insert cool title here]