From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 8:31 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: OT - Problem w/IIS SSL & installing new SSL cert

> Any way, the problem is that I need to install a new SSL
> certificate for IIS4, but I can't because the MMC won't let
> me install a certificate into a site that already has a
> running SSL certificate. I remember that I needed to create a
> duplicate site, disable it, make an SSL cert for that one,
> delete the site and install the cert into the "real" site.
> Can anyone point me to the correct directions? I've been
> looking for a while, but I can't get anything useful. I think
> the directions were on microsoft.com, or an MS related site,
> but I just can't find it. Can anyone help?

I don't think you have to go to all that trouble. Within the Key
Manager
tool, you should be able to generate a new key request, and
install a
certificate, without assigning it to the site until you're
ready. I'm still
running an IIS 4 server with SSL, and I didn't have to do
anything special
to replace certificates.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/