Hi,

We have been using a simple LDAP authentication method, which basically queries the LDAP server for the user's own record using their own username and password.

This in general works fine, however for a very small number of accounts (about 1 in 50ish), instead of returning the user's record, or a message saying "inappripriate authentication" the LDAP server just returns a message of "LDAP server is unwilling to perform".  The details used are correct, but the LDAP server just won't authenticate  these few accounts.  The problem is un-related to the format of the username or password, since we can re-create the account and it will work fine.

We have a number of other non-CF systems using the same LDAP server, but none of these have the same problems.

I'd welcome any suggestions, since I can't see why this would work for some accounts and not for a tiny proportion of others.

Thanks.
Tony