Thanks Ben. That's a wonderful piece of code (most of which I'm  
still trying to understand!)
I feel really stupid now but I'm still stuck.
I added your code and can now get the below.

I can't see how to get each field out of each record to input  
into the database. I can see each record is a list with delimiters  
of BOOK|, TRAN| ANAM| etc but I can't see how to use these  
delimiters to get each field (does that make sense?)

Any help or clues would be great.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
BOOS| BOOK|000004 TRAN|D ANAM|ROTH, WALTER E. TNAM|NORTH QUEENSLAND  
ETHNOGRAPHY Bulletin No.4 : GAMES, SPORTS AND AMUSEMENTS PBLS|Home  
Secretary's Department Brisbane, 1902 SUB1|ABORIGINAL CULTURE,  
AUSTRALIA HISTORY, NATIVE MONOGRAPHS, 19TH CENTURY SPORTS  
DESC|Good. 1st. 13.25 x 8.25. a Monograph of 39pp, illustrated by  
photograph and drawings, the endpapers have browned and the  
exceedingly plain covers have surface tarnish but a bright  
interior on superior paper. Walter E.Roth was Queensland's  
"Northern Protector of Aboriginals" previously he was "Demy of  
Magdalen College, Oxford". PRIC|35 UPDT|10/05/2004 UPTM|12:44:38  
PM BCAT|Sold ABLE|1 UBID|1 STAT|Sold PPRC|0 PDSC|QLD BOOE|
[Todays Threads] [This Message] [Subscription] [Fast Unsubscribe] [User Settings]

Reply via email to