I have been fighting this for sometime now and have now started moving sites
off one at a time to see if the problem went with it. The first site I moved
was BlueEar.com.

BlueEar.com is the largest of our sites and generates the most traffic on my
servers. It also has Scheduled Task that runs daily. Some of these tasks
create another task. I have an HTML Daily that does an HTTP request to
BlueEar.com and writes the content to file then schedules the Send_HTML task
using cfschedule. The Send_HTML loops over the few thousand members sending
the message and then deletes its self again using cfschedule. When I was on
CF5 this had no problems but now apparently CFMX has a bug that when you
delete a task with cfschedule it only removes it from the Scheduled Task
list but continues to run until you restart the server. In addition to this
one there are a few more that work much in the same matter. Each time I
restarted it was just a matter of time depending on the traffic and incoming
messages to the BlueEar Community.

Just a thought but since I did this I haven't seen the error. I am now
setting up a low end server running CF5 to handle all scheduled task.

Rick Eidson
Partner & CTO
ArcRiver Technology, LLC
ASP, PHP, PERL, Cold Fusion Hosting Kansas City
http://www.arcriver.com/ <http://www.arcriver.com/>

Kansas City Musicians
http://www.1sourceentertainment.com/ <http://www.1sourceentertainment.com/>