Phil,

Try "db.username.tablename".  If the user is an aliased dbo (ms sql) use "db.dbo.tablename".

-Mark

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Phill B [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 10:54 AM
  To: CF-Talk
  Subject: Query multiple databases

  I need to write a join that calls to tables in different databases.

  I created a user that can access both databases. I then created the
  datasource in CF and it points to the DB that will be hit the most. I
  then wrote the query

  select a.*, b.*
  from
  db.tablea a
  inner join
  db.tableb b

  Beside the fact that the join is not valid, I get an error "Invalid
  object name". Any suggestions?

  --
  Phillip B.