Hello all,

I am seeing a problem when I am running a QofQ union with two cfsearch
results. It looks like CF is typing based on the first row of data in the
cfsearch query. I need to make CF type a column of the CFsearch query as a
varchar rather then a number.

I have heard that a javacast may be able to help me out.

Can anyone show me how that would be done?

<cfsearch collection="get_Products" name="getSearchResults1" type="explicit"
criteria="CF_KEY SUBSTRING #trim(form.criteria)#">
<cfsearch collection="get_Products" name="getSearchResults2" type="simple"
criteria="#trim(form.criteria)#">

<cfquery name="getSearchResults" dbtype="query">
  Select CUSTOM1,CUSTOM2,RECORDSSEARCHED,SUMMARY,TITLE,URL
  from getSearchResults1
union
Select CUSTOM1,CUSTOM2,RECORDSSEARCHED,SUMMARY,TITLE,URL
  from getSearchResults2
</cfquery>

Thanks

Mark W. Breneman