I personally would not call any decision made by a knowledgeable individual
that's based on a cost/benefit analysis "stupid".

The fact is most people use Windows and writing an application that works
cross platform does take extra effort and does add an extra layer of
abstraction between your program and the underlying OS that can impede
performance and maintainability.

If you're a Mac developer, then sure you care about cross-platform
portability 'cause if you develop just for a Mac then you have a pretty
small potential install base.  But if you're a Windows developer, writing
for cross-platform portability does not substantially increase your install
base.  And certainly not when PrimalScript was first written in 1998 and
doubly-not since it was first written as an editor for VBScript and ASP.

Sam