From: Adam Haskell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 12:28 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: The search is killing the server. Please help!

I don't disagree with you andy, 5000 results does sound completely
rediculous. But the fact of the matter is if someone wants to do this,
then I'll give my input on how I think it should be done. I am not one
to refuse to give helpful insight on how to accomplish a task just
becuase I think it is a bad idea to do the task the proposed way. But
yes I agree we limit our searh results to 501. If 501 reusults are
returned we suggest refining the search to our users.

Adam H

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 11:02:19 -0400, Andrew Tyrone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I fail to see why a lot of these ideas are even necessary in this case.
The
> records returned number about 5000.  NO ONE is going to page through all
> 5000 records.  This is what the search filters are for.  Just return the
top
> 20, 50, 100 records ordered by whatever your business rules require ONLY
IF