Sorry, I should have put the query

> An insert statement (which is what I assume you are doing) doesn't
> return a recordset.

I am doing an insert, but I'm doing a Query after the insert to see if it's been added.  In the code, "add_check" is the query name.  Here's the query:

<cfquery name="add_check" datasource="dpch">
SELECT ce_index,ce_orgname FROM careerexpo2004
WHERE ce_email = '#Form.ce_email#'
</cfquery>

<CFOUTPUT>

add_check.recordcount:#add_check.recordcount#  <!--- displays correct record count, 8 for example--->

<cfif add_check.recordcount GT 0>
Your company information has been added.  Click to <A HREF="" target="_self">add another</A>.
<cfelse>
Your company information has been was not added.  Click to <A HREF="" target="_self">try again</A>.
</cfif>