Why do you need to execute the DTS from CFMX?  I suppose you could do
a combination of DTS and stored procedures.  I personally have never
used an SP to connect to another flavor database and pull out date,
honestly not even sure how that would be done, so could not say if it
is faster or not to do it solely through an SP.