On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 13:43:47 -0400, Christy Carter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ok, I went in a changed the IP to 127.0.0.1 and I couldload the Administrator page using localhost fine.  But our website itself no longer loaded.
>
> So I kept the IP as the network ideentification IP, but I went into the Advanced tab and added 127.0.0.1 as an additional IP using port 80, and that seemed solve the problem - I can load both the CF Administrator and our website!
>
> Does it sound okay that I added another IP there?

Is this one a full production server? If so, this would mean that the
CF admin console is available to the general public. This is a
definite security risk. You may want to split the two sites up on the
server. Make the Admin Console accessible internally only and the
website accessible from both.

--
chris johnston

www.fuzzylizard.com
"For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals and
something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination, we
learned to talk."
Pink Floyd