If you give the extends attribute a default value of
web-inf.cftags.cfcomponent you should be able to get around the problem.

Since every component extends that by default, you'll just be explicitly
declaring that's what it should extend. If you want to have it extend
something else you can.

So your snippet would look something like this:

<cfcomponent name="$${component name}"
extends="$${Extends:web-inf.cftags.cfcomponent}">
etc...

Spike

Stephen Milligan
Code poet for hire